1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Marketing Tips?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by hairybusdriver1, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hairybusdriver1

hairybusdriver1 Thread Starter

I have recently published some ebooks on line. They were published y lulu.com. I was wondering, does anybody have any tips on how i can market the books to get more sales. I have started making a website, but the website is a free one. im not so sure how much traffic it is going to get. How can optimize the book sales, and possibly get a good website going? im not too sure how well this website will do. it was from webs.com.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i will move to web design forum as that seems to be the basis of the questions

3. DrP

DrP

You probably want to start with reading a book or two on marketing for small businesses, or perhaps go along to a local business networking group.

4. sepala

sepala

If you maintain a good SEO, then you will be able to get a good traffic. In order to do that, you could follow SEO tricks. But in your case, SEO is not the only solution, just a part of it. As DrP said, you have to follow other REAL WORLD marketing tricks.

5. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

There is a difference between real marketing/SEO and "tricks" -- just FYI.
    The "tricks" are what get you sandboxed, sued, etc.

6. shannon08

shannon08

I agree with you SEO is one of the great tip for online marketing.

7. DrP

DrP

How many times? SEO is not the answer! You need a business strategy.

8. sepala

sepala

Hi Drp,
    I am not gonna argue with you because I know you have more experience than me. But Good SEO means GOOD TRAFFIC, and good Traffic means good business. Of course, in order to sell those to the TRAFFIC, you need good business strategy.:)

9. sepala

sepala

Hi Drp,
    I am not gonna argue with you because I know you have more experience than me. But Good SEO means GOOD TRAFFIC, and good Traffic means good business. Of course, in order to sell those to the TRAFFIC, you need good business strategy.

10. GeekyKitty

GeekyKitty

Try editing the metadata on your site so it shows up 1st when you Google. Not a lot of people use this method anymore so no guarantees on it working, but it's good to go about 75% of the time.

11. DrP

DrP

Hmm! Lots of traffic doesn't necessarily mean good traffic as any business needs the correct people visiting their site. And good traffic with the correct people visiting the site doesn't necessarily mean good business either, as you'll need a good website to convert that traffic into leads, sales, etc.

12. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

Well, if we just simply bombard people whom are asking for help with the negative. I just can't add more to that statement.

I find nothing wrong with advising about the UpHill battle for any life battle, but.........

Just Dunno, Just Dunno

13. sepala

sepala

OK Drp, I will take that as an advice. I really like to have advices from seniors (y)(y)

14. DrP

DrP

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice