masking group emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cliffk

I use Outlook Express 6 and I would like to mask the identity of several email addresses in a group folder within my address book. The result would be that everyone who receives the email within the group would not know the identity of any other email recipients besides themselves.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in advance. Cliff.

The answer is to use BCC (blind carbon copy) to the group, choose one person for the first e-mail, and the rest BCC.

cliffk

Thanks for reminding me about bcc. In fact, I found that I can put 'all' email addresses in the bcc window only, and when this is done, each person only sees the words 'undisclosed recipients' in the 'To:' window.

Thanks again.

Cliff

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts