1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Massive fps loss over time 300+ down to 90

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dejii, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dejii

Dejii Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Built my first PC about a year or so ago and I've been slowly upgrading over the months, but, I've had endless problems. From games crashing, massive fps drops, stuttering, and my utilization is often below 50% on my GPU and CPU while i game. I always keep drivers up to date, drives defragged and optimized. Water cooled, so temps are never an issue. Over time it seems like the more money i put in the worse my PC performs. It was tolerable at first but the past few days my frames have almost halved in most games and i have no idea why. Everything i know about computers i learned online, so, i'm sure i'm missing many things. I'm sick of friends with 1060s getting better performance, hopefully what i payed for can be saved, thanks!

I've been told my best option is to do a full format and reinstall, any second opinions?

After checking userbenchmark, i notice my ssd is terrible, could that be the main issue regarding fps drops?

Example, csgo i normally had an average of 300-350 fps now im down to 100-150)

SPECS https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17099082

Ryzen 5 2400g

rtx 2070

B350 Tomahawk

24 gb of ram

1 tb hdd

1 (os) ssd 120gb

OS w10 64 bit

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    cpu.JPG gpu.JPG

These are the performance scores and power usage for your computer's processor and graphics card.
    I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but it's my guess the processor prevents the graphics card from running at its full potential.

I tend to agree with your friend.
    A "clean" reinstall of Windows 10 64-bit will give your computer a fresh start and breathe new life in it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dejii likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!