1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Massive XP Problem-HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Physique, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Physique

Physique Banned Thread Starter

Hey everyone, If you have any idea on how to fix my computer please reply,

I am running XP. When i am connected to the internet, this often occurs. My taskbar and my browser will change to how it looks when in safemode for about 2 seconds. Immediently following this, my internet stops working. The icon in the toolbar is still there and when i go to reconnect, it says that the modem is being used. When i right click on the icon to disconnect it wont disconnect, so the only way to get back on the net is to restart my computer and connect again.

I am unsure if this relates to the same problem but also sometimes when i am on the internet, my computer restarts itself. Not restart like how it closes all the programs, but restart like i had pushed the restart button.

Please help me fix this prob as i am connecting to Cable in a week and want it all to be working.

Thanks for any help

Physique

2. Roshith

Roshith

welcome to TSG forums physique....
    Well....i too had the same problem....and i had posted on the site. I had run ad-aware, Spybot, and posted my hijackthis log on the site and got everything fixed. Still the problem was there. Then after that, i ran System File Checker. Now although i have the problem, it occurs much less often. I think you should try it too. Another problem i would have was that after i was online for a while, i could not open any new windows...no notepad..not even the taskmanager.

Try running System File Checker and see what happens.

3. Physique

Do i need to dowload System File Checker. If so where?

Thanks for your help

4. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

5. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Physique; My Computer > Local Disk [c] right click > Tools > Check now in
    error checking

6. Roshith

Roshith

did u try system restore???did it solve your problem?

7. Physique

I assume you mean System File Checker and i did use that but the problem is still fequently happening. Any other idea's?

8. Roshith

Roshith

oops...yes i meant system file checker....
    no other ideas though....im havin the same problem as you too...:(

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice