1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Master Broswer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by coach2177, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coach2177

coach2177 Thread Starter

We divided up my network into Vlans. The problem we are having is that we can't browse neighborhopod network because we have all the 30 users in different workgroups on different subnets. I know we should have a PDC but I don't make decisions just have to work around things. I know I can browse using the \\182.16.0.0 but my boss wants to be able to see everyone. We can also use reachout but he doesn't want that. But enough complaining. I was told that if I put a master browser on each subnet it could work.
    A. does anyone remember how to make a pc a master browser in the registry
    B. how do u get them to talk to each other..
    C. I set Wins but that didn't seem to help much but I think its part of the solution ..

any help would be great....

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

What OS are you using?

Do you need only certain machines to be able to completly browse the network? If it is only a few machines, you can make those a part of multiple vlans.

If you need every computer to be able to browse the network, then why even bother going to the trouble to create a vlan?

Set your master browser on more than one vlan segment. This should help that.

I will have to find the address for designating a master borwoser. I just about to leave for work, and my link is there.

I found the link going through google.

http://www.google.com/search?q=designate+master+browser

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice