Master Broswer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coach2177

We divided up my network into Vlans. The problem we are having is that we can't browse neighborhopod network because we have all the 30 users in different workgroups on different subnets. I know we should have a PDC but I don't make decisions just have to work around things. I know I can browse using the \\182.16.0.0 but my boss wants to be able to see everyone. We can also use reachout but he doesn't want that. But enough complaining. I was told that if I put a master browser on each subnet it could work.
A. does anyone remember how to make a pc a master browser in the registry
B. how do u get them to talk to each other..
C. I set Wins but that didn't seem to help much but I think its part of the solution ..

any help would be great....

Brooks

What OS are you using?

Do you need only certain machines to be able to completly browse the network? If it is only a few machines, you can make those a part of multiple vlans.

If you need every computer to be able to browse the network, then why even bother going to the trouble to create a vlan?

Set your master browser on more than one vlan segment. This should help that.

I will have to find the address for designating a master borwoser. I just about to leave for work, and my link is there.

I found the link going through google.

http://www.google.com/search?q=designate+master+browser

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online