1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

master reset on Nokia cell phone

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by cpcarter, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cpcarter

cpcarter Thread Starter

I'm wanting to do a Master Reset on two Nokia's 6234 cell phone's. I've tried master reset codes for the Nokia 6234, and it fails to work. I need to fully reset the phones, as I need to sell them on an online website. There are photo's and audio recordings that need to be deleted.

Can anyone out there provide a solution to my ongoing problem???

I look forward to your reply!!!! THANKS!!!

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Which codes did you try?

You can do a soft reset with *#7380# or a hard reset with *#7370#

Or you can try to press simultaneously these 3 buttons: on/off + * + 3

3. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Any luck with this?

4. Killcause

Killcause

I would suggest that if those codes are not working, its always worth a shot to look in the settings. I cant even name a single phone without a manual factory reset choice. if there isnt, than try the battery. take it out for a few minutes and put it back in. it should do something i call a minor reset. it should clear things up on your phone and most problems should go away. all your settings and information should remain the same but there is a possibility that while starting up officially (im not talking on and off button, im talking activation) your phone might have malfunctioned. pulling the battery out should act like the phone is being activated and hopefully everything will work properly. you can than use a reset code if its working correctly.

5. cpcarter

cpcarter Thread Starter

What I want to do is fully reset the phone, so that when it's turned on again, it goes through the set upprocess of asking the user to set up the time zone, transfer of files and phone numbers from an existing phone, etc.

If you know of any possible reset codes for this particular Nokia cell phone (Nokia 6234) or other codes for other models, I'm happy to try them and go from there. Fingers crossed!!

6. gridl0ck

gridl0ck

Take it to a phone shop and get them to flash it to the latest software, itll cost around £5-£10s. It will improve stability and completely wipe the device.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/991352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice