1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

master sata & ata slave

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lobotech, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lobotech

lobotech Thread Starter

HI everyone
    Well,I got to find the beauty of relationship between sata & ata.
    my mobo ( soyo dragon +) has 2 sata and 2 IDE
    on sata (1) I have a maxtor 120GB sata, on IDE (1) I have a maxtor 160GB ultra ata, on IDE(2) I have a dvd rw and a cd room.
    right now If I want both HD to function together, I only have the option , boot ata with sata slave.To be able to boot on the sata I have to disconnect
    my ata.
    Which would be the solution for boot sata & ata slave?
    my bios looks OK.
    on board sata 1 & 2 enable
    first boot device LS 120 ( my sata 120GB I guess )
    see u

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    lobotech:

You have to stop creating new posts for each reply/question when they are all related. Below you first POST there is a Quick Reply box and a Post Reply either of which you can use to continue your existing threads. You can also Search by click on Search and Advanced Search and search for your username to see your old posts.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Boot LS120 is not your sata. It is 120Mb floppy drive. your first boot device should be either Floppy or CDrom. then which ever of those 2 you didnt put as 1st boot device, then hdd0.

4. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

You shouldn't have the two CD's on the same IDE, you will get bad performance out of them if you do.

In your BIOS, do you have a boot for SCSI?

If so, that is what you should be using for the SATA. If not use CD.

5. lobotech

lobotech Thread Starter

sorry about the jam I provoque
    understood
    will correct
    lobotech

6. lobotech

lobotech Thread Starter

He JAYDUSTY! Ye I correct that mistake on the LS120.
    Here is what I did.
    first boot: CD
    second : SCSI
    third : HD 0
    the result is great. I have my OS ( xp pro ) loaded on both drives ( sata and ata ). When I boot it goes on sata with my ata on slave. If I want to change the order I go to BIOS , invert second and third boot, then I boot on ata with sata slave! This is just in case I want to load different OS in sata & ata and switch the boot from time to time.cool cool man...
    thanks

7. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

You could get something like System Commander, and do it all from the SATA. Much quicker and easier ;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice