1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Master Server Query

Discussion in 'Games' started by Laurie52, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie52

Laurie52 Thread Starter

If your game one of over a hundred using GameSpy Master Server Query, it has been down for the past couple of days. Or even if you have found it going up and down this may be due to either maintenance (for some) or a different problem for others. This has affected both older and new games across the genres.

You can read this "GameSpy's Master Server Query" Sticky by [WIZ]Falcon's (a moderator there) here.
    http://forums.gamespy.com/gaming_hel...9906296/p1/?23

In the meantime, you can go register over there to post your game's server not being up here:
    http://forums.gamespy.com/gaming_hel...9908000/p1/?18

At least they will know were to look..

As posted, the techs are aware of the problem and working on correcting it. If possible, you can use your server's Direct IP and server name to connect to a server. This way possibly bypass the Master Server. As of this writing, some games server lists have come back up and seem be stable. But just in case yours isn't......

2. Laurie52

Laurie52 Thread Starter

The Master Server problem seems to have been solved (we all hope)

I reinstalled my GameSpy Arcade, got the latest updates and allowed my firewall to accept it. My own games (RUNE and Halo) does show under GameSpy Arcade's "My Games" list.

For my main game (RUNE) I clicked on Multiplayer and clicked off "servers in my country only" to get all US and global servers. A list of both RUNE 1.00/Rune: Halls of Valhalla (HOV) servers DOES show up now. (Also HALO when I clicked on it)

Before, I could only direct connect to my servers using a list of server IPs/Names into my Rune systems for Direct Connections ("Favorites" Tab). So, I can connect through either the GameSpy Arcade and/or Favorites now.

HOWEVER, if I try any of the in-game tabs within HOV or RUNE Multiplayer's "Join", I get this:

.....go figure.

At least the Arcade servers are up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice