1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"matcli" DOS message on startup - since adding new HP scanner

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hotskates, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

When I start my computer this quick DOS message flashes on the bottom toolbar, "matcli". It seems to be a result of my recently adding a HP scanner. (I searched under "find" and there were 4 different "matcli" files, and under properties I was able to see that they were all connected to HP). When I start my computer, the scanner makes a startup sound. Shouldn't it be off until I use it?

Maybe this isn't a problem, I was just curious if anyone else has had the same DOS message and if it matters? Thanks.

2. TheJoost

TheJoost

Motive Assistant Command Line Interface. Keeps track of your computer info. Not necessarry to disable it but if it bothers you you might be able to use the start\run\msconfig and uncheck it\them so it doesn't load. Quite a few scanners (mine also) turn on with your computer and do a calibration check which is the noise you hear. Not to worry, it's all good! Hope this has helped!

3. Firuzi Dabu

Firuzi Dabu

Hi! Just thought I'd add that your thread solved the doubts I had myself about Matcli, an MS dos file seen on the bottom toolbar at startup.
    I too noticed it only after installing my new HP scanner-copier-printer.

So yes, I'll leave it as it is, as I know its not a bug/virus or something!

Thanks again,
    Firuzi Dabu.

:) :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice