1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

matcli

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by scrtagnt420, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrtagnt420

scrtagnt420 Thread Starter

When my computer is booting up.On the bottom tool bar I am seeing a program "MATCLI" . Can anyone tell me what this is and do I need it.

2. panzer999

panzer999

For Compaq PC's. "matcli.exe is a motive Assistant Command line interface that gathers information about your system's identity like your name email address, city, state, etc and gets written to a log file while silent.exe executes matcli.exe quietly in the background. Compaq Knowledge Center is required to run with the Help and Support program. If you uncheck Compaq Knowledge Center and and then run help and Support it will add another Compaq Knowledge Center in the startup menu. If you remove the Compaq Knowledge Center in the add/remove program some help menus in help and support will not be available like Fix my Presario, Preference, and Contact Technical Support". You decide.

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice