1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Material for a Deck

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by GrinHulk, Jan 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GrinHulk

GrinHulk Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I've got a personal home improvement project I promised my wife I'd do this year. One of the main project is creating a deck connected to one tea room we have at the house.

I've been looking for options for this (easier installment is a great advantage). And the composite decking caught my attention. It looks great (I'll add pictures below) and they seem pretty sturdy to me. According to one site (https://www.dinodecking.co.uk/blog/composite-decking-manufactured/)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What do you think? Good choice?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

It depends. If you're in the south, composites can be too hot underfoot. Also depends on budget. Composites are more expensive upfront. Over time it would eventually pay off, especially if you hire maintenance for a wood deck.

3. GrinHulk

GrinHulk Thread Starter

Yeah, exactly! Been thinking about the long term benefits too. Thanks man.
    As for the heat, I might just craft a temporary roof or something during the summer.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

You're welcome.

GrinHulk likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice