1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

maternity leave sucks

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by smiles, Sep 14, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. smiles

smiles Thread Starter

My doc put me on maternity leave at 30 weeks. (last week) and It isnt as relaxing as I thought it would be. I am bored, sleepy, in pain. My back hurts, my feet hurt, my head hurts, my boobs hurt, everything hurts. and I can't just sleep it off bc i still have school work to do and i can't get into a pos. that we both agree on to sleep in longer than 20-30 minutes. Tylenol has stopped working. I just want to scream sometimes..... :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nope i dont feel beeter :p
    __________________ :confused:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Does the "bc" stand for birth control? didn't any other women inform you of the wonders of conception, pregnancy, birt and the rest of your life being controlled by the little monsters....HAVE FUN!! It only gets better.

3. deh

deh

Forgive Mr. Rockn, he never makes mistakes. ;)

Monsters? nahhhh well of course my boy is 2 years right now and sometimes I wonder if at times there is some sort of necessary exorcism that needs to be performed. :D

Oh yeah they are lots of work and your life will definitely be changed forever BUT I don't regret any of my children. They are indeed a blessing.

Pssst I think Rockn knows this as well, he just likes to "yank chains" that's why we love him.

Best of luck to you.

4. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Hi smiles: Sorry to hear of your discomfort...but focus on the miracle growing in you....and that soon you will meet your baby! (y) Why did the Dr. place you on maternity leave so early? I can imagine how bored you'd get! I spent 29 days in the hospital due to pregnancy complications and my son was delivered 8 weeks early. But he was fine and is now a strapping 15 year old young man! Wait until you see your baby born...all the pain and discomfort will have been well worth it! (y) :) Take care and feel better! :) angel

5. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Hiya smiles,
    I hope this makes you smile, just a little:

Carolyn < mother of 3 nearly teen and teen boys ;) :D

Attached Files:

6. izme

izme

your folks would know all about that huh? :D

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

Rock'n Burns strikes again! ;)

8. valley

valley

Oh you poor girl! I feel for you so much! :( Would it make you feel any better to hear the horror story of my pregnancies? I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum for both of my children. It is severe vomiting that leads to dehydration and nutritional problems in pregnancy and it lasts for almost the entire pregnancy! I was hopitalized 6 times for my son alone and ended up having to give myself injections in my legs every 4 hours as needed to stop the vomiting. They were IM (InterMuscular) injections, meaning the needle had to be long enough to go down into the muscle. I dunno how long the needle actually was (about 2 inches, maybe Marlene?) Talk about sore legs! :( My legs were so black and blue! Anyways, all of that prolonged vomiting made my bladder weak during my pregnany and I lost all control and had to wear depends. Every time I vomited...I leaked :eek: It was a very humbling experience.

But I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! :) 9 months of misery is worth the lifetime of joy it brings. :) I'm so excited for you. Hang in there Smiles! Just a couple of more months to go. And if you think your breasts hurt now, just wait til the first few weeks of breastfeeding (if you are planning to nurse, that is)

Is this your first? How soon do you plan on going back to work?

Best of luck for a smooth delivery. :)

9. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

My pregnancy and birthing experiences were awesome!

Son #1: In labour (but I didn't know it, as I'd had braxton hicks contractions from the firth month and just walked them off) and just walked around town all night eating fudgsicles (chocolate popsicles) and then woke up b/f at 7 am to tell him to call work and say I would be "late" ;) . Got to hospital and I didn't push once! When the real pain hit, I asked for drugs, but they said "Uh Uh...the baby's head is out!" So, 1st son pretty much birthed himself! No drugs...no cutting...a piece of cake! Almost 8 lbs of pumpkin head and lonnnnnnnnnnng feet. Went home 2 days later.

Son #2: 14 months later...pretty much same as above (labour was only maybe 4 hours long), but had to call ambulance as b/f was out doing his thing :rolleyes:. Took son #1 with me. Ambulance attendants zoomed to hospital in light speed as they had never delivered a baby before. I told them I would try to keep him in there, but... LOL. He was born 2 hours later. 7 1/2 lbs (normal head) and 22" long. Went home the next day.

Son #3: 2 years later....a very easy pregnancy. Was a single Mum by then (we broke up for good when b/f asked if it was his), so took the 2 other boys with me in a taxi to hospital. This one was born 45 minutes later. 7 3/4 lbs. Also no pushing, or really hard labour, no drugs, no cutting. We went home that same afternoon.

For all births, the Dr's had to break my water to get "hard" labour going, so I left no puddles anywhere...
    I loved being pregnant...loved having the babies. I had discomfort trying to sleep on my tummy and I got hurt sometimes with the feet being rammed under my rib cage but I was maybe born to be a surrogate Mum...no? ;)
    I breastfed all three boys for at last a year, with no problems, too. Hated giving it up actually, as I lost my lovely hooters when the milk stopped being required :( .

I got this in my e-mail this morning:
    Fetal Footprint
    Look at the tiny perfect little foot on this tummy...Isn't that awesome?
    Origins: This image, which purportedly shows the imprint of a fetal footprint on its mother's abdomen, captivated viewers when it began circulating on the Internet in August 2004

Carolyn :)

Attached Files:

10. Raeli

Raeli

Wow, I am SO glad to be a man.

Smiles - I'll keep a good thought for you!

MQC - if I were you and duck and cover if you find yourself near Smiles or Valley! ;)

Is it just me, or does that photo make anyone else think if Alien?

11. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

LOL No worries. I hear it from women that had horror stories about their experiences. Smiles needs to hear the "up" side, too...and so did I when I became pregnant. Some women love to scare the blank out of new Mom's...never been able to figure-out why....

the photo would be like "Alien" if it was the face of the Alien
    :eek:

:D

12. smiles

smiles Thread Starter

AWE!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THE FETAL FOOTPRINT TO HAPPEN TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol wow!!!!

I know what an IM shot is. i used to give them all the time at work! IM and SubQ so it's cool!

13. Rockn

Rockn

Of course I was kidding about the monsters. They are the best thing that could have ever happened....So stop whining...:)

I remember the little hands and feet moving across my wifes stomach...pretty Aliens-ish dontcha think....LOL

14. Gibble

Gibble

...lets just hope it doesn't get too Alien-ish and rip itself out of her stomache ;)

15. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

About the fetal footprint...I don't believe that is a real picture! The uterine wall is thick and it just doesn't seem possible for a foot to show like that! I worked in L&D with very thin women and never saw anything like that in them...you could see rounded parts or feel them...but no footprints on their pregnant abdomens! :rolleyes:

I see Snopes still has the status of the photo listed as undetermined.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/footprint.asp

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice