1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by valerieleger, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valerieleger

valerieleger Thread Starter

Can anyone point me to where I can find help for my Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device?
    I've been searching for help on this on the Internet for a while and after reading a lot of posts about this Device, I haven't found a fix.
    This driver is in my Acer Aspire 5100-5528 Laptop
    Rarely does it read a DVD or CD. I burn with it, it says it burned successfully but when I check, it shows empty or doesn't recognize that a CD or DVD is in the Drive anymore.
    I cleaned it with alcohol and the drivers says it's up to date.
    :confused:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There are no drivers for optical disks aside from those included in Windows, so thats not going to be the issue.

Try this Microsoft Fixit: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems

But the drive itself may simply have worn out and will need to be replaced.

3. valerieleger

valerieleger Thread Starter

Thanks Triple6, I will give that a try. I can't see that it would be worn out because I've had that problem for a long time and I rarely used it.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    They can still break or can come faulty from the factory, stuff breaks its a fact of life.

But hopefully the software fix will work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice