Mattresses

Farmgirl22

Been looking for a new mattress...ours is biting the dust. Anyone know of a good mattress and a store to buy it at that won't break the budget? I've been looking at some of those pocket coil or whatever they call those that don't transfer motion as bad. And has anyone tried the ones you can't flip? Are they any good? I'm scared that it won't last as long if you aren't able to flip it.
Also, I like the softer mattress, and Nathan likes a firmer mattress, is there an in between stage?? Seems like they are listed as soft, firm, and some don't say at all. Suggestions welcome...I'm at a loss...wish we had a store nearby so that we could try them out, but since we don't, I was hoping to have something in mind for when we went that way we aren't hassled into something by a salesperson.

http://www.selectcomfort.com
I have heard good things about them. My mom has one in her guest bedroom we slep on once. I didn't sleep that well on it, but I never adjusted my side I just left it at whatever firmness it was set on. They even have a try before you buy.

Guyzer

Guy
Farmgirl22 said:
I was hoping to have something in mind for when we went that way we aren't hassled into something by a salesperson.
I resemble that remark. :eek: :D

Wimpy369 said:
No but I am slicker than hot snot on a bedsheet. :D
ewwww, Wimpy, that's just gross (n) :eek: :p

buying mattresses is too frustrating, even if you check them out in the store, it's still not the same as actually sleeping in them - maybe get a firm mattress but with a pillow top :)

LauraMJ

Administrator
We just bought a Simmons Beauty Rest (No Flip) mattress. I LOVE it. I like a softer mattress, but my husband likes the firmer ones. This is a fairly firm mattress but has a soft "pillow" top on it. It's perfect. I sleep on my side a lot, so it's quite fluffy-soft enough for me, and my husband sleeps on his back alot and used to complain that his back/hips hurt in the morning, but says he feels fine, now with this new mattress.

Did I mention that I love it? :D

Just beware...........it's DARN hard to get out of in the mornings! ;) :D

Mulder had been on a lot of different mattresses, although he didn't do much sleeping, so no recommendations! :cool:

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
We've had a memory foam and they are great, and also very hard to get up from, you just don't want to!

It is'nt the full, really really heavy type that cost more than $1,000, we found it on QVC or HSN shopping network online.

They are the thinner, really not very heavy, and flippable ones.

A twin size is about $275 but it was a special then, might be now.

They can sit on a regular box spring or a simple platform, but the platform supports you may see are not very strong= Warning use a regular box spring under this type.

Guyzer

Guy
Mulder said:
Mulder had been on a lot of different mattresses, although he didn't do much sleeping, so no recommendations! :cool:
Sucks trying to get out of a crib 'eh Mulder? :D If you would have been better behaved maybe your mama would have let you out more often.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online