1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Max. hard disk size supported by P-3 processor

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by jiten, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiten

jiten Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have an old pentium 3 processor on "Tomato" motherboard. I have one hard disk of 20 GB already and intend to have an additional one now. Can anybody inform me of what is the max. capacity hard disk that can be attached as an additional one?

thanks,
    jiten

2. jdscott

jdscott

It is most likely that your hard drive size will be limited by your motherboard and not your processor. You should your motherboard manual for that information.

Stray thought: If you can run a 20 GB HD, then you probably won't have problems with anything up to an 80GB. Over that: check your manual.

I should also note the a motherboard BIOS update (available) may allow for larger HD sizes.

3. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

my friend runs an HP 1.0ghz pentium 3 and had a maxtor 120gb in it, so prolly 120gb-200gb safe?

but yes, check with ur mobo, it sounds somewhat cheap

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice