Max ram for Jetway 866AS E/866AS ultra MB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

katy2446

Hi.....I am working with a church computer that I think was "home built"......I have ran the Everest program on it and come up with it having a Jetway 866AS(E)/866AS ULTRA motherboard....the everest program said there are 4 banks for memory.....when I opened the computer there were only 2, with a 256 stick in one. THis computer is running windowsXP and could certainly use more ram. Trouble is, I am not sure just how much I can put into it? THe stick that is in there is Kingston unbuffered DDR SDRAM PC2700 (166MHz) 2.5v 256MG would adding another stick of the same be enough to run this computer more efficiently?
hoping someone can help me.....I don't know what else you need to know in order to advise me?
thanks
LKM

dustyjay

Jay
According to Crucial this motherboard has 3 ram slots. For a maximum ram of 3Mb. You say it only has 2 though. Slot 1 and 2 should be end to end and slot 3 should be side by side with slot 1.

katy2446

I went to Crucial and looked the MB up also.....I see that it is supposed to have three slots.....so help me...it only has two???.....they are side by side. I had a stick of 128 that was the right type and I added it....the computer worked MUCH better.....surely I can at least add another 256 (in place of the 128)? The computer has an AMD Athlon 2. ghz processor. this computer isn't online so I can't go to the crucial site and scan it.
thanks for everyone's help
LKM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online