Max Storage Capacity?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rep353

I have a dell optiplex GX240 running win XP 32 bit.
I want to run it as a fileserver/backup server.

Current specs

I am planning on installing a basic raid card with SATA connectors and I would like to install 2x 500gb hard drives. To install these extra parts I would have to get a new case and p.s.u.
Can I use a raid card without the raid function operating? Also what would be the maximum capacity for storage that this system can handle?

EDIT: Would it be safe to have my all my files backed up on this server connected to the network?.
Anyone who has setup something like this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online