1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Max temperature of RAM?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ferango, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferango

ferango Thread Starter

The memory in my rig has a temperature around 48 degrees celsius on full load.

I've been searching around on the web but I couldnt seem to find any info or recommendations about temperature.

Should I start to worry and point a fan towards my memory sticks?

What's normal temperature of the RAM?

Will the last several years longer if I get the temp how many degrees down?

Thanks on forehand for any reply(y)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I don't think 48C is anything to worry about it that's the maximum. There is a rule of thumb about semiconductors, each 10C rise in temperature reduces the life by 1/2. However, I suspect that if the temperature normally runs in the 30's and only gets to 48C under full load, the RAM will outlive you. :)

3. ferango

ferango Thread Starter

That sounds very comforting. Thank you(y) ;)

The reason I was starting to get worried is because after having moved the Mobo & so on (into another case) the temp raised from 2n to 3n under normal load.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!