1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maximized window position/size is incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KClaisse, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KClaisse

KClaisse Thread Starter

I have started using windows recently and a flood of problems has arisen. Most I have conquered but this one I just can't figure out.

When I open a window, then maximize it, then close it, and then reopen it, the maximize position is incorrect. The window does not go all the way to the top, and is not "tacked" to the edges of my screen, as maximized windows should be.

EXAMPLE:

Normal maximized window (Manually maximized)
    [​IMG]

After closing the window, I reopen it. The saved maximized position is off, it's too small.
    [​IMG]

The supposedly maximized window can even be moved around!
    [​IMG]

I have googled and search and I have not found an answer.
    Hopefully someone here knows!

Thanks you

-Kyle

2. moper

moper

That is not the maximized window. Click on the 'double box' icon directly to the left of the 'X' icon. Maximized will show a single square.
    [​IMG]

moper

Attached Files:

3. KClaisse

KClaisse Thread Starter

Ummm, ok.

The picture you have posted is of an um-maximized window. My pictures depict a maximized window.

See the windows is already maximized when I reopen it, hence the picture of 2-boxes, which when click would initiate the 'restore' action, exiting from das maximized state.

My problem is that whilst the window is maximized, it is not in the correct position nor is it locked to the edges of the screen.

4. moper

moper

5. KClaisse

KClaisse Thread Starter

Should I take a screencast of what is goin on? I really don't think anyone understands what exactly I mean.

1) Open a window
    2) Maximize that window
    3) Close that window
    4) Reopen it
    5) The window ill 'supposedly' be maximized, but as you can see from my pictures, not be in a full state of maximization.

6. moper

moper

If the window doesn't seem to remember full screen, I do this. Drag the window to full screen. Have only one window open. Right click the taskbar and choose, 'Tile window horizontally' or 'Tile window vertically'. It should then open maximized.

moper

7. Knotbored

Knotbored

I think I see what Klassie means:
    When a reduced size screen is sent to the task bar with the minus sign
    The choices (right click from the minimized task bar icon) are
    RESTORE/MOVE/SIZE/MINIMIZE/MAXIMIZE
    but
    The MAXIMIZE resores to the largest double-box minimize that fits on the screen (not to the mazimize you would expect.) Mine does the same thing, I do not know of a solution.

EDIT-my mistake-the double box is MAXIMIZE-the single box is REDUCED and can be moved around the screen-mine does return to MAX and covers the complete screen-not Klassies problem solution at all.

8. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

One easy way to either maximize or un-maximize the window or any window is to double click with the mouse in a blank area in the top bar of the window say just to the left of the three boxes in the upper right corner. Afterr the action is done you will see the middle box change and so the screen.

9. KClaisse

KClaisse Thread Starter

I can easily maximize the window, my problem is is that the *stored* position for the window, is maximized but still not fully maximized.

10. KClaisse

KClaisse Thread Starter

Well th issue is fixed, it appears to be a severe driver issue.

Not even close to what you guys were saying.

Just in these few days of using windows I already hate it, there is no game in this world that would justify putting up with all these bugs and errors. I'm going back to Linux, see ya.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/554577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice