1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maximum Memory

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by joe_joe133, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe_joe133

joe_joe133 Thread Starter

Ok i have an old PC with a 233MHz Processor 32MB RAM what is the max RAM the motherboard is a TX Pro II

2. calabash

calabash

3. joe_joe133

Yes but it does not mention the max RAM.

4. slipe

slipe

I dearly hate having to mess with PC Chips’ site. Never can find anything.

I have never encountered a MB that will take SD RAM that is limited to less than 256Mb. Maybe someone can correct that thought.

You won’t likely be wanting to put a Gig of RAM in that system. I should think it will take whatever you want to add.

If you currently have two 16Mb SIMMs you will have to stick with SIMMs or dump them to add SDRAM. If you already have a 32Mb stick of SDRAM you can add a 128Mb stick and they will both work. Some older boards want the larger stick in the first slot, so move the current stick to the other slot and replace it with the larger stick if you already have SDRAM.

5. joe_joe133

Ok i don't know RAM that well but i looked at the PC and it has two long sticks of 16 under it is 4 shorter RAM slots.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice