1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maxtor ATA Hard Drive Crashed 80 GB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qazafee, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. qazafee

qazafee Thread Starter

My old PC HArd Drive crashed ...
    Now I want to recover my Data from it when I connect this Hard drive via USB adapter to my NEW PC
    i got only 1 option to Format it .
    as I said I want to recover my data from it so i treid few below softwares

[​IMG]

Now Problem is the HD size is 80 GB & I see only 31 GB and it says RAW on it ...remaining 49 GB is Still missing .....Check the sceen shot of one of the program i used to recover my data.

[​IMG]

Now please suggest me what should I do so i might be able to revocer and able to find the lost 49 GB on my Hard Drive.

Anxiously waiting for reply
    Thanks

2. pip22

pip22

Send it to a Data Recovery Service, but be warned it will be very expensive.
    The more you try to do it yourself, the more likely it is that data will be destroyed permanently.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The above is good advise. I would add to get an estimate since it is going to be pretty expensive. Prices do vary; where I live a basic data recovery using software [which it seems in your case is not going to happen] costs $125 and it goes way up from there. To open the drive and read the platers is going to cost $.

Just one of the reasons why we stress backups so much. Data you do not backup is data you do not care about.

4. Wino

Wino

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im assuming this is a laptop? If so have you tried just taking out the drive and use a usb sata/ide connector hooked up to another computer ? Ive used that several times on dying or almost dead drives and its been a lifesaver and ive recovered all or most of what i needed.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I doubt it is a laptop since it lists 6 drives under getbackdata. I tend to think it is the drive's electrics that have failed since it lists the wrong size for the drive. If this is the case, a usb or firewire enclosure is not going to do anything.

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    In the specs i saw dell xps and i know they do make those in laptops also.And from what ive been advised as far as the xps laptops they are known to have a lot of problems with motherboards, etc.

8. win2kpro

win2kpro

Is the drive with the missing data formatted as FAT or NTFS?

9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1023699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice