1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maxtor II - How to Recover back up files to a different computer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1tanna1, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1tanna1

1tanna1 Thread Starter

My hard drive crashed and was not recoverable. I have been using Maxtor One Touch II as an automatic back up which appears to have been working fine. I have an extra computer which is:
    HP_Pavilion, Windows XP, Media Center edition, version 2002, AMD Athlon 64 processor
    I uploaded the maxtor software unto this computer, plugged in the Maxor One Touch, but when I go to restore, there are no restore points on this computer.
    When I go to the J drive and open up the Maxtor files, I can see all the back up files there, but how do I transfer them onto this other computer since the original computer is no longer usable? I made a copy of these files onto my C drive into a separate folder, but again, they are encrypted, so I cannot open them.

2. Hughv

Hughv

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice