Maxtor One Touch II Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maxtorsucks

I need some help, I've done some research already and can't find a solution.

I am using a Maxtor One Touch II as an external hard drive. I have checked and swapped out the power cord and the UBS cord and confirmed all are working with other devices.

The Maxtor lights up, so the power is getting to it, but I don't hear or feel the hard drive spinning at all. I can hear a faint clicking sound coming from the unit.

Most solutions I have seen on the net elsewhere have you find the drive in explorer or Device manager, but it is not showing up on my computer at all. Alternatively, I can't take the information off the drive if its not even recognized.

Any ideas?

Operation System is Windows 7

Remove the drive from the case and attach it via USB adapter, another enclosure or directly to the computer.
The clicking sound is ominous.

maxtorsucks

Thanks - I started taking the screw out of the back of the unit - things pretty locked down and will take effort to open and wasn't sure how to proceed.

The secret wiil be in the seams. Some of these cases are just pressed together, and it's not like it's doing you any good anyway.
Next time, buy the case separately from the drive.

Some Maxtor One Touch units used a plastic band around the enclosure which was just "snapped" to the enclosure. If you removed the plastic band the enclosure came apart fairly easily.

maxtorsucks

I'm looking at nothing but metal after unscrewing the back plate out.

So you think this is the only option - to take it apart?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online