1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maxtor One Touch III (300 GB) stopped working

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Halabaloo, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halabaloo

Halabaloo Thread Starter

My external drive has stopped working. It turns on alright but does not make its usual noises nor does it show that it is there on the computer. I don't get any error messages or anything. My husband has another Maxtor One Touch III hooked up to his laptop and it works fine. I tried hooking my Maxtor to his laptop and it does the same thing...it turns on but and that is it (It does not show up as being connected). I also exchanged the powercord and USB conncection with my husband's Maxtor cords without any changes. I have all my music and photos on my Maxtor III and would like to get it back. Any help is appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/860506

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice