1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maxtor OneTouch III headache

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hotdogwheel, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotdogwheel

hotdogwheel Thread Starter

Widnows Vista is not recognizing my exteral hard drive. It shows up in Device Magager, but other than that: nothing. It won't let me boot to windows when it's plugged in. If I plug it in after windows boots, explorer will quit responding, then I have tounplug it so every thing will run.

I've gotten the HDD to run in Ubuntu, so I know that atleast the HDD isn't kaput. It has to be a problem with windows, my main OS.

2. hotdogwheel

To clarify, it works SLOWLY on Ubuntu, but that may be because I was booting from disk, because I somehow mucked up the partition. But it still WORKS, so I don't know what the problem is on windows.

3. hotdogwheel

It's NOT working on XP. So maybe it could be the HD, but why would it work on Ubuntu? What can I do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!