1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

may 1903 update

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by clunckalex, Jun 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clunckalex

clunckalex Thread Starter

Hello guy's, I've just upgraded windows 10 to the may 1903 update , and everything works great apart from when i connect it to my TV , the brightness goes down slowly all by it's self ?. yet when i check the laptop the brightness is set to max ?. but if i disconnect the TV and connect it again it the brightness is nice and bright again few a few seconds then slowly goes dark again ?. any idea's what it happening ?.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is that the laptop screen's britenes dimming, or the TV's screen briteness dimming?

3. clunckalex

laptop is all OK, it,s the TV brightness that's dimming , but only started since the update .

4. clunckalex

oh, i forgot to say , if i change the tv to cable then the brightness is normal as before and when i change it back to hdmi for laptop again it's bright for a few seconds then slowly goes dark again ?.

5. clunckalex

Update on my problem, I looked at the TV setting to see if i could make the brightness normal when viewing the laptop through the TV, but the that made the picture quality go wrong . so any idea's guy's ?.

6. storage_man

storage_man

Check to see if the "Night Lite" feature is "ON". If it is, turn it "OFF". Its located in Settings->System->Display right at the top. I believe that W10 has had this feature for the past 2 feature updates, but it never worked. MS said its working now.

7. clunckalex

Hello Storage_man, Tried what you mentioned checked the setting on " Night Lite " feature and it was turned off, ( still the screen went dark ) so i switched the " Night Lite " feature on and then off again And still no joy ?. so what di i try now ?.

8. storage_man

storage_man

OK I'm assuming this worked ok under your previous feature release of Windows ? What version were you on ?

9. clunckalex

Yes this worked all ok before the may 1903 update , I've had to revert to the previous update for now because i use my Tv on this laptop most of the time,
    and i'm useing windows 10 pro . and the version 1809 os build 17763.503 .

10. storage_man

storage_man

Did windows update ask you to update to 1903 ? or did you update manually ?

Probably best to stay on 1809, and if WU provided the this update, report it.

11. clunckalex

OK, thank you guy's for your advice , i will stay on 1809 as long as i can , and report this to MS, hope they might correct it before i'm forced to update .
    Alex.

12. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did Windows Update give you a choice to download and install the 1903 update or not ? It should have.

13. clunckalex

Yes windows update give me the choice to download and install the 1903 update .

14. clunckalex

The " Night Lite " off but, maybe where MS said it's now working , maybe we can't switch it off even thou it says you can ?.

15. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I do NOT think this has actually been asked, but when you say you have checked the brightness on the laptop and it is set MAX, this has no effect on the external monitor.
    There are many reported display problems after the 1903 update on certain configurations
    Can you not change levels on TV rather than on laptop

I also suggest if you do go back to 1903 that you should check which graphics driver has been installed by the 1903 update

Not knowing the nature of the TV and its capabilities or indeed the laptop check AFTER the above as below
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

If the 1903 update has set HDR

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice