May be a dumb question but I have to ask it..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

janragan

I have integrated speakers on my monitor which do work. Email chimes, windows log-on plays, etc. My problem is this... why won't my system play music, video sound, etc. I have checked everything I know to check and don't see anything wrong anywhere. Anyone know where the problem might be?:(

Hello try this

control panel sounds and audio and make sure your sound card is selected under audio tab

janragan

Thanks! All checks out... no yellow question marks either.... I am floored! My next door neighbor sometimes works on my system if I have trouble. Actually, when I moved here my HD shot craps and I lost everything so he repaired the tandem drive and reloaded windows there. That is when my sound messed up. Tried to find a driver at Dell but don't see one that applies to this "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio" which is what I have. I found something he has put on my system that I was unaware of. It is called GSpot V2.70A and appears to be audio/video? not sure what it is but wonder if it may be the problem????

K7M

open the mixer by by clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and make sure that all your wave, cd etc are not muted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online