1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

may seem a bit of a daft question....

Discussion in 'Games' started by spod007, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spod007

spod007 Thread Starter

right. a while ago, the computer was runnin fine, all games nice an sweet with new broadband. but i kinda forgot to make it all sceure, an within a few weeks i had 3 sassers a few kindel worms etc. all in all a bit of a pain. well now they're gone, tho i'm a bit slow an lazy in repairing the software they got to. an now i can't play battlefield vietnam. there's no files i can find on my harddrive anywhere.... but the only option i get is to uninstall it, yet there's nothin there.... any suggestions?

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Try a new, fresh install of the game. It should easily recover the game (even if the save files are lost :( ).

3. spod007

spod007 Thread Starter

the only problem is i can't install again. there's no option when i insert the disk. it just offers me to update it or uninstall it. and when the uninstall wizard realises there's no game to uninstall, it just tells me it's done.all in all , a bit of a pain in the arse.

4. The_PC_Gamer

The_PC_Gamer

Well, i just hope you learned your lesson about PC security.

5. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

what OS are you running?

6. majordutch

majordutch

I had just the same problem with the re-install, you got to do the next thing in order to uninstall it :

Here's how to uninstall . I took this from another forum .

I just got the answer from EA on how to fix this problem and I figured I would share it with everyone in case they have the same problem. Anyways here is it!

In these cases a clean install will be desired. You can take the following steps to manually remove the game from your computer, but I must warn you that if these steps are not followed correctly, there is a possibility that your install of windows can become corrupted. If you do not wish to complete these steps yourself, you may call one of our phone representatives for help in reinstalling the game. Please refer to your Install guide for your local Technical Support phone number.

1. Navigate to the EAgames directory. By default this will be C:\Program Files\EA Games. Then delete Battlefield Vietnam folder by right clicking on it and choosing "delete". Accept any warning messages you may receive.

2. Now load the registry editor. Go to Start -> Run -> type in "regedit" (without the quotes).

3. There are a few registry folders that must be removed.

Navigate to this folder:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\EA Games\
    If these folders exsist in this location, please right click and delete them:
    Battlefield Vietnam
    Battlefield Vietnam(TM)

Then close the EAGAMES folder by clicking the minus symbol next to it.

Navigate to this folder:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\
    Right click and delete any entries with "Battlefield Vietnam" in the name.

Then close the EAGAMES and Electronic Arts folders by clicking the minus symbol next to them.

Navigate to this folder:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr
    entVersion\Uninstall\

Right click and Delete this folders if you find it:
    {E35B3C63-E958-4E31-A178-95D22024109A}

Now close the registry editor.

4. REMOVE INSTALL FILES
    Click on Start -> Run, type in "temp" and click OK.
    On the keyboard: CTRL-A followed by DELETE will remove any temporary files
    that were copied during the previous installation.

Battlefield Vietnam should now be completely uninstalled. Any shortcuts from the desktop or links from the Start menu will not actually launch the game and can be removed. You can re-install if you wish.

If the install option is not highlighted on the Main menu once the CD is inserted, we can begin the installation manually. Go to My Computer and right click on the CD rom drive with the BFVeitnam_1 disk in it and choose "Explore". Find the "Setup" file with the blue and grey icon and double click it to begin the installation.
    --

7. The_PC_Gamer

The_PC_Gamer

Yeah....
    What he said. :rolleyes: :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice