maybe a repair install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

justjesse2

hello
i am working with windows xp pro
this morning it suddenlt doesnt recognize me keyboard
i cannot type anything
i had some trouble a while back
does anyone know what this means?

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tie r1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error

i contacted microsoft but cannot get assistance from them
please help me if you can
thanks
justjesse2

Don't know if this will help but it got my keyboard working again doing these things.

If it's a USB keyboard, try another slot.

Go into your BIOS and make sure "Legacy USB Support" is enabled. You can find it in "Peripheral Configuration".

I've also had a keyboard stop working because the tower got shoved against the wall too hard and loosened the keyboard socket (where you plug it in) from the motherboard. Lets hope that's not it because you'll most likely need a new MB.

aloha, MC

justjesse2

hello mc
thanks for responding. i did find the keyboard problem
it needed some tweaking

but one thing this pc wants to do is boot from cd
win xp pro
do you know why its doing this?
thanks
justjesse2

Dang!!

I had this problem and the fix was easy -- but I can't remember what I did.

I'll post it when remember or find it - sorry.

aloha, MC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online