1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

maybe a silly taskbar question windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mommycat, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mommycat

mommycat Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3773 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R2 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 937547 MB, Free - 786558 MB; D: Total - 14803 MB, Free - 1878 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2B29
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

This is a stupid but irritating problem.

Maybe I inadvertently hit something, but my taskbar suddenly changed from single to twice the thickness it was and the icons and open applications icons stack 2 deep vertically instead of all in a nice neat single horizontal line. The icons are all crowded over to one side, very unsightly.

I've tried dragging the top boundary down but it either keeps it 2 deep, or makes it disappear altogether below the screen. I've tried dragging every other boundary line that will let itself be dragged to fix the problem but nothing has fixed it. Tried rebooting the computer thinking it would default back, no go.

I just want it back to where it was, a normal well behaving taskbar. It's irritating to have this twice bigger than necessary, jumbly ugly taskbar down there. And I don't want to have to do the extra step of dragging it up from below my sight line every time I want it. Stupid.

There is really a shortage of information about stupid stuff like this that should be a quick easy fix.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Hello, it may help get some support if you would provide a high quality screenshot of your taskbar

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice