1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maybe I don't spend enough time here?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Fyzbo, Jan 11, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Fyzbo

Fyzbo Thread Starter

I don't know. I'm on this site every single day reading through posts. It takes up a lot of time, but I believe it's time well spent. All I know is that for all the time I spend reading here, no one has yet to offend me. Not in any way! I think your all a great group of people and I'm glad to be virtually hanging with you all.:D All these threads of people being upset, both surprises me and upsets me. All I have to say is that I hope everything works out for everyone here. Although I tend not to post much I love spending my time reading what everyone else is saying. So I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and that I appreciate you all.

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Fyzbo: And we all enjoy you around here too! Take care. angel :)

3. valley

valley

fyzbo....there are some underlying tensions here, I believe. It just escalated today (and yesterday) for some reason.

4. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Not to worry: Fyzbo

The tension's maybe from IRS quartlydue soon, the moon , or what not. When the shouting over, all is forgotten. Except the IRS. :)

5. GreenIs

GreenIs

Well Fyz, the way I like to look at TSG is like a married couple who loves each other dearly but has those few up's and downs along the way.

It's only normal for some people to find them-selves so involved on an internet site that it becomes just as emotional to them as if it where actually happening to them in life. I see it as," they loose sight of what is real". Now saying this I know I'll get some flap from people, but hey I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. Some will say things like, "so you're saying the people behind the nicknames aren't real?" And I am saying...well yes in away they aren't...to me that is. It's my opinion and it's a nice safe environment I stick myself into. If I can't touch, taste or smell the "person" I am offended by, I don't get feelings for them...in other-words they don't become truly real to me, so what they say can be said to me and I really don't care because I don't feel it. But I do know what it is like to become so involved with people you "meet" on the internet that you actually can become so upset, or "fall in love" or whatever...And I know that that usually happens to those whom are some how isolated...whether that be through sickness and being house bound or that maybe they are just lonely and some how incapable of finding a friend in "life", or for some it's seen as a safe way to meet people because they are so shy, the list goes on... Whatever the reason, they become lost in a "world" that they loose sight of the fact that when they turn off their computer, it's gone. They don't have to read what upsets them, they don't have to answer, they don't have to give the power of themselves to the words others type on a screen. They have a choice. - to allow what someone has typed to effect them, or to read it as they would read a book or a news paper.

It's for those whom have actually met in person and for those whom correspond with their loved ones that can truly say this is an extension of their world, because they have the reality to focus and gain ground again...where those who do not have this true reality are really still just lost in the fantasy of it. It's there that if anyone should interrupt this fantasy, that irrationality can take over and emotions can become overwhelming.

6. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

Who in the world would think a internet forum is real..shees, some people ! :confused: ...Rhett

(by the way Green, you need to put your popcorn bowl in the sink and turn off the lights when you leave the room !)

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

Who would think Green would be the one to get existential on us! ;)

8. GreenIs

GreenIs

Oops, right I forgot again. Sorry I'll be sure to do that next time. Thanks for reminding me...do you wanna a beer while I'm up? ;)

Nothing like living in the now. Pinch me, I think I may have dreamt this?;)

9. Moby

Moby

What's "existential" mean?:confused:

10. GreenIs

GreenIs

if it's not real it's not real. :D I see you therefore you are. I feel therefore I am. If it exists then it is.

11. GreenIs

GreenIs

or as a dictionary states : of or having to do with existence.

12. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

Na.. hold the beer... I think we oughta hit the TSG Bar tonight, I heard there was some gal named Candy dancing on the tables tonight ! ;) ..and I have new film in the camera !!

13. Moby

Moby

Greenis, that explanation physically hurt. ;) :D
    I exist, therefore I'm going to the bar.
    :)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice