Maybe someone can help me with this..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

novaman21

A while back i bought my computer with an 80 gig Hard Drive in it. I was for and is still used for Gaming.
But a bunch of bad stuff happened to it, and some how after i fixed it all i was left with was
One 10 gig Hard Drive [ C Drive ] and
One 70 gig Hard Drive [E Drive ]
Which was fine for a while.
But i recently got Call of Duty 4 for the P.C.
i got it all downloaded onto my E drive
But when i go to download one of the patches it says that i ran out of disc space.
as of right now i have 1.27gigs on my C drive
I have even tried saving it to my E drive and i still run out of room.

What i was wondering is if there is anyway i can combine it all back together, or maybe somehow download the patch file using my E drive instead of using the space on my C drive

Let me know

Dan.

First of all, is this a package computer (IE: A Dell, an HP,Gateway, etc...)? If it is, then what you have there is the old recovery partition on your HD for restoring Windows. Removing the partition is not exactly a good thing to do, if you don't have this elsewhere.

You're better off getting a larger hard drive anyway, if you're serious into gaming - and in most cases, transferring data is rather easy these days, since even if the drive's makers didn't give you the transfer software, its available as a free download from others.

A-N

Many partition management programs(partition magic) can merge two of them together. Their might be a similiar program for free or trial version available somewhere.

Arknorth is correct.
Removing the partition is a very bad idea, as it probably contains a recovery partition.
HDs are cheap and easy to replace.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online