1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Maybe this is just me being stupid.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Larry_Dunn, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Larry_Dunn

Larry_Dunn Thread Starter

I can burn music CDs on my DVD-rom drive with no problem from iTunes. But when I put these same CD-R discs into the drive to copy other types of files (Pdf, etc), my computer tells me, in a popup:

D:\ is not accessible
    Incorrect function

What am I doing wrong? I try to drag and drop the files, but it doesn't work. I try to use Sonic digitalmedia, but nothing happens.

What should I do?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I had a similar problem with an older version of iTunes and Nero a while ago. Nero no longer could access a DVD/CD burner after installing iTunes. I re-installed Nero and it worked OK but then iTunes reported problems with incorrect/missing drivers when I tried to burn an Audio CD of songs in the iTunes library. Re-installing iTunes broke Nero's burning capabilities. From What I could read on-line, the iTunes software was installing its hooks a little too deep into Windows to the point of blocking other burning apps from running correctly for all users.

Short term solution may be to try re-installing the Sonic program to see if you can restore the burning of data CDs and see if iTunes complains when you try to burn an Audio CD. You may have to re-install iTunes if you want to again burn CDs of your iTunes library.

3. Larry_Dunn

Larry_Dunn Thread Starter

Thanks -- I guess I'll just have to live with being unable to copy data onto discs -- I use iTunes a lot more often than I copy files. It's pretty frustrating though.

(Sonic came with my PC a few years ago and I have no idea where the software is.)

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

If it came pre-installed, look for an application recovery program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice