Maytag Dishwasher Won't Power Up (quiet series 300)

armly

Recently sink overfilled, the dishwasher mounted right beside, water may have spilled in through top as some entry point...
Have checked:

- Hardwired wall switch that is sending power.

- Removed both bottom plates and checked junction box connections, no problem. Passing on power...

What should be checked next? Must I split the door panel to check user interface/main circuit panel? If so how to test these?

Many thank you's before any help!

It probably got the circuit board wet in the control section. I had the exact same thing happen. Mine was still under warranty when I flooded it. Some of the newer control boards make it very expensive to replace them.

armly

Today I took the door apart and opened to circuit board. Pulled ribbon connector and others and dried them out with a hair dryer. No diff.

Shopping for a new dishwasher we can't get what we want (in black) -- they're telling me some customers have been waiting since last October.

So will try to get a replacement board for it....

armly

Ordered replacement board while I have been contemplating -- I checked the old board and it does send power to the main user interface panel. It could still likely be the board, right, since it controls the functions of the dishwasher?

Also, on the old board, both slide rail connectors do not want to budget. Concerned I'll snap one if I force it. Is there a trick to getting the old ones off? Spudger is on its way also.

Last edited:
You can not be sure it is the board or the touchpad if they are separate parts. I would have someone look at it. How much did the board set you back?

armly

90 plus ship, tax -- and I was sure going by not only the model but serial # -- this particular washer goes by "split" parts numbers. Some suppliers didn't catch this...

armly

New circuit board installed and, works but in a slightly different way now. Only by pressing "normal cycle" every time, as the main "Start/Cancel" button seems to not work anymore.

Could be that it was harmed during the infiltration also. Or, that the new board meant to sevice multiple models actually may not work in the exact same way as before. Nevertheless still happy that it works. Hopefully until later in the year when new ones become available. Gotta have a dishwasher!

armly

Apparantly just stopped working. Someone here loaded it up, and I beleive was pressing buttons to get started. Has dementia and cannot be stopped. Now nothing will light up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.