1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MB/HD beeping when hard drive is idle

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rafaelgp, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rafaelgp

rafaelgp Thread Starter

Hello,

I have looked around google and in this forum to see if someone else had the same problem and found a solution but I could find nothing. Here's the issue:

I have two sata hard drives (raid setup) and it gets noisy when idling. It doesn't seem to be a physical problem (like bearings), it is more like a speaker beep but constant and not so loud (sounds like a high pitched mosquito). Whenever the OS requests something from the hd, this noise will go away and start right away when it idles.

I tried looking at the BIOS setup but I didn't found anything related to alerts/beeps/hard-drives.
    I also noticed that this noise only happens afther Windows Vista is booted and sits at the login screen.

What should I do to fix this?

Useful info: Motherboard Intel DG45ID and 2x500GB SATA II 7200 Samsung (RAID)

Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice