1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MB without Integrated Video doesn't recognize Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mrkmil, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mrkmil

Mrkmil Thread Starter

Hey, I just had a question for my fellow geeks and nerds of the internet:

I'm building a new PC, and my Motherboard is an Abit- KN8 SLI, and it does not have integrated video.

Due to the issue on hand, I'm unable to install my copy of Windows XP onto my machine.

Now the only video card I have is an Asus Extreme AX850, running through a PCI-Express port, and my Motherboard doesn't recognize that. I can't even bring up BIOS. I'm a poor 15 year old, so I can't afford another graphics card. Is there no hope? Or is there something that I can do to get this card working.

2. chazshep

chazshep

Have you tried the graphics card in another machine?

3. Mrkmil

Mrkmil Thread Starter

Unfortunately, this is the only machine that has PCI-Express. I was told by the person who gave it to me that it was working when he took it out, though.

4. chazshep

chazshep

Thats nothing to go by, you'll need to test the card in another machine. Also, are there extra PCI-e power supplies needed? THey should be in.

5. Mrkmil

Mrkmil Thread Starter

Every additional power slot for the card have been filled, and there is definitely enough power.I was told by the most experienced person I know that it was broken, and that I should get another card to test out. If nobody here has any objections, I'll do that and let ya'll know the results.

6. chazshep

chazshep

I would agree with that friend of yours.

7. TRS-80 vet

TRS-80 vet Account Closed

Take the card to a local tech shop, and tell them that's all you have, and you don't know if it works. They can probably test it in a few minutes, maybe for free...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/941508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice