mcafee security centre wont start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TerminatorX

hello

whenever i try to open Mcafee security cntre from the link on my desktop it doesnt open.
i browsed through program files and the links in security centre folder dont work either,

why is this?

i have according to the update facility got all recent updates
i havent used it in a while so i only found out about this today

also if i have to uninstall what free virus and firewall would you recommend

any help appreciated thanks

Hello i would use AVG antivirus and zonealarm firewall
free programs and not system hogs

TerminatorX

thanks

and it is ok to have multiple running firewalls? windows firewall will be running also

TerminatorX

cant i just go to add/remove programs and remove it from there, if it doesnt totally remove i can remove it from the registry files no?

blues_harp28

TerminatorX said:
cant i just go to add/remove programs and remove it from there, if it doesnt totally remove i can remove it from the registry files no?
Hi should you decide to remove entries in the registry...Back up the registry first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online