1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

McAfee Site Advisor Removal?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by joe2cool, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi I have removed 'McAfee Site Advisor' using windows & also 'IObit Uninstaller, which seemed fine. Noticed in Programs (x86)/McAfee, SiteAdvisor folder still there. There was an uninstall there which deleted some remains but not others? How best should I get rid of these remnants left? If I try & shred, it says it can't because still in use or some other program using? Firefox or IE are not using this now.

Appreciate your help

Thx

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi thx for quick response, I have McAfee Antivirus, which I am going to remove when license runs out, so this will be very useful. So at the moment I should be able to remove 'SiteAdvisor without affecting the AV?

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I'm not sure you can uninstall the Site Advisor alone, but I wouldn't think so.

I would still get rid of McAfee completely, no matter if it was paid for or not. There are much better alternatives, even free ones like Microsoft Security Essentials or Avira Antivir. McAfee has always been a system resource hog and quite average as an antivirus protection.

5. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

OK Cheers perhaps these remains are part of the Mcafee Security Center, within the center it mentions site advisor to install?

Thx again

6. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Why don't you keep all your McAfee-related issues here instead of starting a new thread?

--------------------------------------------------------

7. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Thought different people may respond to a different question?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061714