1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

McAfee Virus Pop-Ups

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Merlina, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlina

Merlina Thread Starter

I keep getting this very annoying pop-up from McAfee, and it says that a virus has been detected and that I should scan for viruses. It keeps popping up... and sometimes it pops up non-stop. About 20 times in a row. I keep clicking "OK" but more and more come. It's very annoying, and even though it tells me that I should scan for viruses, I do, and there are no viruses found whatsoever. I don't know what to do. If anyone has any idea of how I can make these annoying pop-ups go away, I would more than appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Merlina

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

Go here and get Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware SE
    UPDATE them both and do a scan getting rid of all they find

Do a scan with Housecall and Panda

After doing ALL th eabove

Download Hijack This 1.99.0 Do a scan and post th elog here please

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice