1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

McAfee

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by twizzie, Jan 27, 2007.

?

Best Protection

1. mcafee,AVG,symantec,panda,sheild,bit,CA or

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Kaspersky, NOD, Trend Micro....other

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

Which software is better??

1. McAfee Total Proctection 2007
    or
    2. McAfee Enterprise 8.5i (for x86 and x64)
    or
    Is there another favorite of yours?

computer specs: 64 bit platform, P4 3.2 ghz HT, 1GB of RAM, 250 GB Seagate HD

On my newly homemade computer I got McAfee Enterprise 8.5i, and theres nothing to complain about, how they make the virus-scanning speed go so fast is beyond me. It scans avrg. 150 files/s, regardless of size. My dad just got Mcafee Total Protection 2007 on the old family computer, and I was just wondering if I should install MTP07. I prefer Enterprise, just cuz it sounds better lol, and if it says it can handle an Enterprise, why not a Enthuiast's Comp?? Anyway, forget about me, post your favorite protection, and why.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

in my opinion neither avg all the way for me

3. TOGG

TOGG

McAfee has a bad reputation as a resource hog which may, or may not, be deserved. It does, however, obtain the same, or better, ratings at av-comparatives .org, as AVG does.

If you have a fairly modern computer it should be able to run a version of McAfee, unless you have a lot of other resource hungry programs running as well.

I have no axe to grind in this as I am a NOD32 user!

4. golferbob

golferbob

i have mcafee only because i have a free year on the new computer. i will be glad to go back to avg 7.5 free. mcafee just takes over the system. i have 8 mcafee items on my startup menu.

5. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

hm, i understand, you know u can get rid of them...WOW isn't there anyone who likes McAfee??? even tho it isnt on top

6. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

McAfee (and Norton) are both resource hogs. When I had McAfee it insisted on loading itself for each of five users logged on to my livingroom computer. Why it has to run 5X I have no idea, except it is crappy software. My current AV does not do that... it loads once for all users.

7. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

I like it better than NOrtON because it is easier to use but I use neither. I get F-Secure free with my ISP.

8. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

ahh i see, im getting a different perspctive of these things

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice