1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

McAfee ?????????

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by texxjr, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. texxjr

texxjr Thread Starter

I put mcafee anti-virus on win 98 with 32 ram 4 gb harddrive now when i poot-up it says out of ram erorr and i hit enter and it gos on to boot how can i get not to do this on boot up..thanks alot.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

texxjr you may have to many items in startup

go to run type msinfo32 & to software envirements & then startup... when you click startup it will load on the right... go to edit & select all ....then back to edit & copy.... came back & paste it here

McAfee is a resource hog so you have to keep the startup slim

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

texxjr do you see the button on the right bottom that says
    POST REPLY.... ok thats what you click & then paste it in the window & send it.

4. texxjr

texxjr Thread Starter

sorry but i dont have that machine here i am away on someones elces pc can i send it later thanks for all your help.

5. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

or when you are on that pc come back in & let us know you want to trim down your startup

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice