1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Mcaffee possibly affecting internet access

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Robertatyahoo, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robertatyahoo

Robertatyahoo Thread Starter

Hi I would like to know how I can take Mcaffee footprint off my computer .I think it could be affecting my Internet access.. many thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  3. lynx1021

lynx1021

You still need an antivirus program, I don't like McAfee myself because I bought their Antivirus in 1998 for my first computer and it whacked my computer and had to completely reload it. Never forgave them for that.

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    As @lynx1021 said. You'll still need a AV program. Most of the free ones are, in my opinion, not very good. Use too many resources and lets too many questionable files go by untouched. I utterly dislike Mcafee, I've never had it work correctly in a etworking environment. Probably user error though :)
    So, if you don't want to spend a lot of money for a good one. I think you can use the free Microsoft Security Essentials. Yes, it's free and does have some drawbacks to it. However, inmy opinion, it's the best of the free ones out there.
    Then again. If you need some serious protection, if you're dealing with sensitive data or the like. Then there's a few that are fairly cheap. I personally like the Symantec/Norton suite of products. Others hate them. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

5. Robertatyahoo

Robertatyahoo Thread Starter

Oh okay..I just wanted info on removal of footprint without having to download anything because I think it is blocking Internet access..how could I test if this is the case..thanks

6. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Like Terry said. You can download the Mcafee remover via the link he posted.

Also, if feasible, you can restore your system to a time before Mcaafee was installed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!