Solved Mcaffee possibly affecting internet access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robertatyahoo

Hi I would like to know how I can take Mcaffee footprint off my computer .I think it could be affecting my Internet access.. many thanks.

You still need an antivirus program, I don't like McAfee myself because I bought their Antivirus in 1998 for my first computer and it whacked my computer and had to completely reload it. Never forgave them for that.

Fireflycph

Morten
As @lynx1021 said. You'll still need a AV program. Most of the free ones are, in my opinion, not very good. Use too many resources and lets too many questionable files go by untouched. I utterly dislike Mcafee, I've never had it work correctly in a etworking environment. Probably user error though :)
So, if you don't want to spend a lot of money for a good one. I think you can use the free Microsoft Security Essentials. Yes, it's free and does have some drawbacks to it. However, inmy opinion, it's the best of the free ones out there.
Then again. If you need some serious protection, if you're dealing with sensitive data or the like. Then there's a few that are fairly cheap. I personally like the Symantec/Norton suite of products. Others hate them. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

Robertatyahoo

Oh okay..I just wanted info on removal of footprint without having to download anything because I think it is blocking Internet access..how could I test if this is the case..thanks

Fireflycph

Morten
Like Terry said. You can download the Mcafee remover via the link he posted.

Also, if feasible, you can restore your system to a time before Mcaafee was installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online