1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mcf71.dll

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tacktoday, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tacktoday

tacktoday Thread Starter

ok kids, I tried to open a file on data/graphics CD. It told me I was missing a mcf71.dll file.

I found it on the web, downloaded it, but have no idea where to put it???

HELP!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Assuming you are running Windows XP from a "C" drive, copy it into the C:\Windows\system32 folder.

3. tacktoday

tacktoday Thread Starter

Frank,
    I like that idea, however, it is still in "download" format. Meaning I cannot download it as it simply doesn't open. I still have it in the little window called downloads and so it asks me what to open it with? I don't have a clue.

HELP!:confused: :confused: :confused:

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

You don't ever open a dll. Save it to your desktop, copy or move it to System32, and then go to Start > Run, and type:

regsvr32 mfc71.dll

to "register" the dll.

5. tacktoday

tacktoday Thread Starter

if it is in a download window, I how do I save it to the 32 file? It asks me what I want to open it with? What do I want to open it with??? I just don't get it/

Please reply fasT!:confused:

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Close that window and try again. Right-click the download link and choose "Save Target As..." to see if that works better. There should be an option to save as well as one to open.

Post the link if you are still having trouble.

7. tacktoday

tacktoday Thread Starter

there are only 2 options, open or remove to the download window. If I say open, it says with what or use a program from the internet or cancel.

Do I find another of the same download and download to the right place to start??? I downloaded this one from Microsoft.

Ok, back to you??:confused:

8. tacktoday

tacktoday Thread Starter

This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I understand that to mean the dll file is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled on the hard drive right??

who can help me? I give up for the evening, but let me know if there is anyone who has an answer.
    :( :(

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yes. But the file needs to be downloaded to your drive and not opened by anything. Does this happen with all your downloads? Are you unable to specify where you want the file to go?

10. tacktoday

tacktoday Thread Starter

yesterday, I tried to download the .dll file 2x. Ok, so I finally found the first file after I had posted my last message. I stuck it in its intirty into the system 32 folder. Program still wouldn't load, then I copied it and stuck it into the system 32 file. Same problem.

On the other hand the 2nd time, it was just stuck in the download file. It would not save anywhere, I mean anywhere. You are supposed to click to open and of course a .dll file isn't to be opened but its a choice of open or cancel. So.... what do I do. do I try to load it a 2nd time.

Let me know please.

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did the file you placed in the system32 folder have a dll ending?

Did you register the dll after putting it there?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice