1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MDG recovery images

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rhynes, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhynes

rhynes Thread Starter

A client brought over his mdg laptop, the OS is a mess.

There are two partitions, one with the OS of course, then a FAT partition with a ghost image and a bkf file. The ghost image is spanned, the second part is missing of course, but i'm wondering why the bkf. Is this just a windows backup file or is there an imaging software that I can use?

2. rhynes

rhynes Thread Starter

NVM, I just realized the other piece of the image is on the OEM cd's which he doesn't have :( Who the heck puts a partial recovery image on a partition with reliance on a cd to recover? There's a 15 gig recovery partition :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice