1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mdg

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Endemix, Jan 4, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endemix

Endemix Guest Thread Starter

Ok here is a little piece about MDG:

I have an MDG computer, not my fault I swear! My parents wanted to buy me a computer for a going away to college present. So a few days pass and I open it up. I was actually quite excited because I have never really owned a new computer. But soon the excitement passed and only after a week I had to take it in for repairs!! Good thing I got the 3 year warranty. Anyways, I researched and talked to some tech guys I know and my mind has been flooded with bad stories about MDG. MDG uses the most stripped down parts then any company I have ever seen. For example: I decided to buy a new video card (ATI Radeon 128mb) which is not to shabby. So I open up my case and go to install it and I notice that my comp doesn't even have a single AGP SLOT!! What the hell is this? A Pentium 4 comp and it doesn't even have an AGP slot? So anyways, I settled for the 64mb PCI. Ummm, sometimes weird things will happen, the bios settings were really messed up when I got the comp, and also the bios has minimal room to make changes.

Anyways, I have made the computer the most it can be and will continue too, until I can afford to build one.

I really advise staying away from MDG. If you want cheap, go with Dell. Also, try talking to those dead beat technicians on the phone!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice