1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ME acting like safe mode no cursor

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by AfrokingJ, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Thread Starter

I was torrenting curse of monkey island and my resources got low so im like 70 pct done so ill wait till i finish then reboot so i finish i reboot and it comes up in 16 color with huge icons and bad color like it does in safe mode but theres no safe mode words also no cursor appears i managed to get safe mode to run and it looks exactly the same cept there is a cursor and the safe mode words. i tried using crap cleaner and looking for adware that would bootup with crapcleaner but found nothing i deleted the game i deleted torrent and some other programs i dont use still nothing i tried a system restore and like every other time it didnt work. what happened and how do i fix it without paying someone ludicrous amounts of cash and is there a way to save my files?

2. karthikvlk

karthikvlk

Hi!
    go to RUN->command->scanreg /restore , it will display 5 restore points, select a point prior to the messup. its more effective than the regular syustem restore. Try this and Post the result

Cheers
    (y) Karthik

3. AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Thread Starter

:) And it worked! Thank you thank you thank you

4. karthikvlk

karthikvlk

Hi!
    thats wonderful to know ur issue has been resolved

Cheers
    Karthik(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice