1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Me and monitor or video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j neu, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j neu

j neu Thread Starter

Got this computer that used to have me and someone wiped it and put on win 98. It crashed and could not get past invalid system disk insert disk. No disks were in. They got the me disk from emachine and wanted that back on. Had to format and then install me.
    Worked fine and its a restore cd and nortons ghost came up and installed me. It found devices and a monitor and installed and win me screen comes up fine and then when it starts I have 3 of everything on the desktop and three mouse pointers Its like three of the same pictures one left one middle and one right. Display is set ok. In device manager only yellow mark is pci.
    I tried 2 monitors one a emachine. If I take it back will it work on her monitor If I reinstall it Or are we talking video or drivers. Im stumped thanks for any help
    They dont know why they crashed could a video problem have cased this

2. j neu

j neu Thread Starter

ok
    I wiped it again and I have 98 and installed that and video is fine. Is it because this is a restore cd and its installing from nortons ghost and it want her exact monitor?
    Works fine in 98. I guess I will try to take it to her house wipe it install from restore cd and her monitor
    any thoughts

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice