1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Me being stupid and vulnerbale when I had a problem with Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'General Security' started by linsjean, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

This morning, woke up, turned on my computer and noticed that my Yahoo Mail had a whole new layout showing by dates long ago divided by recent, then December, then earlier than 2014, earlier than 2013, etc.and a whole lot of missing emails from 12/2014 to 04/2015.

Posted an ad on answers.yahoo.com. Was given a link with a phone number of 888-844-4238 to call for Yahoo help.
    Was told I was hacked into by people robbing my IP address and even if I bought a new computer, they would follow me. I paid $300 by Visa card, good for one year for any kind of security issues and tech support.

I had to go to work, so left my computer on for them to take over my computer. Was called twice while at work asking me for my Yahoo password, I could not remember it. Eventually they figured out that I was not using Chrome, but FF and it remembered me. So she was able to do the work.

Got home, saw a note paid saying, "are you here". I said yes. and got a call from Michael, Rep ID # 8125. He sent me an email to my gmail account showing me that I paid $300 for 2 years of security support and 1 year of tech support for my computer. Was told they got out the bad guys" My Yahoo Mail page was looking back to normal view and now it's back looking weird.

I regret giving me passwords of not only my Yahoo account but my computer login password while I was away from my computer. These people are called Pyramids IT, phone number 888-444-4238 and the $300 taken out was named KSF Solutions. Am I am more trouble than I started? I was told the hackers got in two weeks ago but I was never notified by Yahoo that my account was compromised. They told me that if I do not pay the $300 to fix this problem, then they would continue to get into all my accounts including my bank.

I need answers soon. Should I change all passwords on everything? or Shut down my remote banking and use paper statements only?

2. barnnyardd

barnnyardd

linsjean,When you google KSF Solutions it shows all kinds of info about what the company does.It looks like a legit company but whoever really knows.Check it out, Good Luck Bob

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Phone number 1-888-844-4238 is listed to

Pyramids IT

KSF Solutions

so they're operating under 2 different company names.

You were very trusting to leave your computer on and allow some unknown person to have complete access to it and then agree to pay $300.00 for technical support.

Who knows what personal information and sensitive documents he gained access to?

You definitely need to contact your bank and make it aware of the situation.

You also should change the passwords in your Yahoo and Gmail accounts.

You should also read here.

-------------------------------------------------------

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You should change ALL your passwords and logon details for all banking applications since they have them ALL.

Never ever give passwords. Any legitimate organisation will not want to know them since it opens them up to liability.

When I worked on peoples machines, I always insisted that any passwords that I would need to know were removed or replaced with ones I gave and then replaced afterwards.
    Often knowing one password gives a good clue to all the others that person is likely to use.

5. INOCsolutions

INOCsolutions

Change login details and passwords, contact your bank ASAP. We'll never know if that company is legit or not, so the best way to do this is to increase your security by changing your login details, and contacting your bank and asking about a possible solution to keep your banking details secure.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice