ME error: another OE...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Damien

Hi everybody,

Ok, I've got a fairly new AMD 900, 256mb, with Win ME installed from the factory. For the most part it has been quite well behaved, but...

Maybe once every of couple days, without much connection to any program whatsoever, the very same Blue Screen error message freezes me up.

"Error:OE:016F:BFF8E64B"
Other than the standard restart your computer with Ctrl+Alt+Del suggestion, that's it. No Fatal Exception, no illegal opperation, no file names, nothing.

As usual the MS knowledge base seems inapplicable?

Can anyone descipher this Error message. I would certainly appreciate it.

I am now starting Dr.Watson, and maybe it will help me with the source of the problem, however, I would love suggestions if they are out there...

Until then...

Error messages like that rarely have any specific associations, and one can't find any pattern of "hits" for this to really make a strong guess. The fact that it only occurs intermittantly makes it even harder to troubleshoot.

But it is occuring at startup, and that means that some installed program is probably out of sync with others when being loaded.

You could use msconfig (start>run>msconfig) to selectively disable anything you might suspect. I would pay most attention to cd burning software and monitoring programs such as virus and firewalls.

Standard windows apps you will see in msconfig>startup are scanregistry (should routinely be left enabled), systray (rarely a problem), taskmon and loadpowerprofiles. You can probably ignore these as a potential source.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q273/7/38.asp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online