1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ME or XP

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by markwalker, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

I'm thinking of upgrading from windows ME to XP, someone told me that you have to re register XP after a year... is this correct? I'm on a home use only laptop and use the internet most of the time....

any advice would be nice... cheers

2. thejay

thejay

I do not know much about xp but you said any advice would be nice
    I do not see the point of re registering an operating system unless it is some elaborate plan by bill gates to crack down on all of the illegal copies going around. But that seems far fetched, DOESN'T IT!!!?????
    (now i am paranoid)

3. markwalker

markwalker Thread Starter

Didn't mean to scare you, but you never know when it comes to good ol' Bill Gates!!

Thats what i heard anyway......

4. yomaddog

yomaddog

Don't you need to register to get "Windows-Updates" ?

If so, it's pretty important to keep an O.S. to date,...especially the all new XP...(there's gonna be lot's of updates comming out for a while untill bugs get worked out...)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice